Friday, February 24, 2012

Wake-up call with Burpees

Good Morning to all,
Yesterday night when I looked at my facebook page I came across some posts of friends about the 2012 CrossFit Games. To be able to participate at the Games, you have to sign-up to a 5 week workout challenge. The headquarter is posting the challenge and rules, and participants all over the world can do the workout and post their scores. The best athletes are qualified for the 2012 CrossFit Games. 
So first weeks challenge sounds amazingly easy: 7mins of Burpees. You move down on the floor with your hands, jump your feet backwards, move your torso and hips down to the floor and touch the floor, push your torso back up while you jump your feet forward, and then jump up at least 6inches. And of that movement combination as many reps as possible (AMRAP). Sounds easy, right?  Well, I tell you its not. I have done Burpees as described before and I hate them. When I saw the challenge announcement I was really debating if I should try it and challenge myself, and if I should be brave enough to even post it. I saw the video of last years Games winner, she did 128 Burpees. WOW!
Anyhow, here I am, writing a post about the Games, which means I did challenge myself and did the 7mins of Burpees this morning as a wake-up call. I ended up with 82 Burpees during the 7mins. Try it out, let me know how well you do.

No comments:

Post a Comment